Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Author Spotlight - Talli Roland
1. Where were you in your writing career 5 years ago?
2. Where did you get the idea from for this particular book?
4. Which was the last book you read that you wish you'd written?
Oh, there are so many. I really enjoyed Katy Carter Wants a Hero by Ruth Saberton, because it deals with some serious issues in a very warm, comical way. I also fell in love with The Time Traveller’s Wife – I’m in awe of the serious plotting that must have gone on there!
6. Do you find writing love scenes giggle-worthy or cringe-worthy?
7. What's the most romantic moment of your life so far?
8. What do you wish you'd known about being an author before you were pubbed?
The best piece of advice I’ve heard is from Nicola Morgan, who runs a wonderful website called Help! I Need a Publisher. She said it’s not enough to be persistent – you need to be able to learn from your mistakes as a writer to get better! It sounds obvious, but that was a light-bulb moment for me. I’d written a few novels without really taking the time to assess what I was doing wrong and how to improve.
10. Tell us about your latest release.