Monday, March 14, 2011

What lies beneath the apron?


It's official. Men who can cook rock my world.

They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach don't they? Well, you know what? I reckon the same goes for us girls too. A man who can make dinner is a keeper in my book.


My other half, for instance,  is one of the most practical and intelligent people i've ever met, so why is it that the sight of a food processor is enough to bring him out in a cold sweat? He wields a chain saw around like a toy, yet would back away in terror from a hand whisk. Ditto the oven, it's all way too much for him to compute (much like the washing machine actually, but that is a lament for another day lest this should become a personal grumble about domestic inequality chez moi...)

Back to the pleasurable business of men who can perform culinary magic. That sounds almost dirty doesn't it.  Ooooh err!

First up for your delectation, the bad boys. The type of man you just know is all kinds of trouble and arrogant as hell, but that doesn't stop you imagining him without his apron.

Gorgeous Gordon...


and mad Marco...



Phew! Did it just get hot in here? Let's turn up the heat to full on sizzle and throw in everyone's favourite all rounder, the delectable Mr. Oliver. He's one of those men who just gets better with age isn't he?



But my personal favourite has to be the very naughty Gino D'Acampo. That gorgeous italian accent and cheeky smile is a killer combination, and he has just cooked naked for the nation on morning TV. What's not to love? 

Don't say we don't make an effort to brighten up your Mondays.... Enjoy!






8 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

There's been no naked cooking on my morning TV! I'm moving!!!! ;-)

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

OMG! Did you catch the botty shot!! Blimey, you naughty, naughty minxes!!!

Wendy Soliman said...

My other half cooks, a great deal better than I do, and I wash the car. That way neither of us gets poisoned and the wheels gleam. Like the totty above, except Jamie Oliver. Find him a bit hard to look at.

Kat said...

Come on over Lacey, and bring your sunshine with you in your suitcase, OK?

Rachel - we consider it a public service to brighten up Monday mornings. :o)

Hi Wendy! Your harmonious domestic arrangements sound good to me. :o)
I tittered at your Jamie Oliver comment - what is it about Jamie O that makes you look away?

Sally Clements said...

I like Jean-Christophe Novelli too....
Thanks for the lovely video, the food looked quite nice too!

Maya Blake said...

Hear hear! I adore men who know their way around a skillet, so much so I nabbed one of them for my very own, lol! Unfortunately, my XXXL derriere is paying the price twelve years on, heh!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lacey. There's no hunky men cooking naked on my morning TV show. I always knew I lived in the wrong country . . .

Joanne Coles said...

I can't believe I missed naked Gino on TV! Where was our Minxy email alerting us to naked totty, Jo P???

I totally adore Gino, he's hilarious. Caught him on Celebrity Juice the other night, fab man :-)