Friday, March 18, 2011

Bite Me!

I am in mourning.

(Don't read on if you are a Being Human fan and haven't yet watched the series 3 finale. Honestly, don't.)

My favourite vampire ever literally bit the dust on TV last Sunday evening, and I don't mind telling you that I cried big fat tears.

Now, this is not a new thing for me. I have fallen for quite a few vampires over the last couple of years.
Eric Northman is just sex on legs, Bill Compton is charming and Edward Cullen is beautiful, but for me none of them can hold a candle to the mighty John Mitchell.

For those who haven't yet had the absolute knicker twanging pleasure....



I cannot begin to tell you how you how deep my love for this show runs, or how gutted I am that they decided to end Mitchells story.
I've loved every minute of the three series of BH. Watching the dynamics develop between the three unlikely main characters - a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost - has been a blast, and the bromance between Mitchell and George was probably the most touching thing of all.  Hats off to both actors for making it so heart wrenchingly believable.

The combination of beautiful writing and casting a beautiful man worked on every level to make Mitchell utterly irresistible.
He was dark and murderous, yet sweet and loveable.
He was incredibly cool and scorching hot.
RIP Mitchell, you will be very sadly missed by your legions of fans around the globe.


I'll leave you now in the safe hands of the lovely Aidan Turner himself. Girls, we have treated you well with eye candy this week - naked chefs on Monday, and now bone meltingly handsome vampires. What's not to love?

Happy weekends people!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not familiar with Being Human, but it looks like a terrific show!

My SINCERE condolences about the loss of Mitchell. Seriously. I'm still in mourning over the death of my fav vamp of all time, Spike, who died in May of 2003! Ack!! How lame am I? LOL. I even stopped watching The Vampire Diaries when I realized how much I was starting to like Damon and I thought . . . oh HECK NO, I can't go through this again!

Hmm, perhaps we should form some sort of online support group.

Kat said...

lol Aimee, I am glad that you understand the depth of my feelings.

If you see Being Human on your schedules, the only thing I can say is don't watch it, because you'll fall hook line and sinker for the gorgeous Mitchell.

Sally Clements said...

I haven't seen this yet, Jo, and it looks great, even if there's heartache ahead for the followers, I might just track it down and watch it. I see it has the actress from Raw in it, or is that just an Irish series?