Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Author Spotlight - Cherie Le Clare

Cherie's latest novel, Kiwi Kiss, debuts from The Wild Rose Press today. Please join me in welcoming her into the Minxy spotlight.

1.Where were you in your writing career 5 years ago?
Unpublished and frustrated! But, when my romance novel was commended in a national contest that year, my confidence gained a much-needed boost.

2. Where did you get the idea from for this particular book?
I think it was when I discovered a photo of my dad in his army uniform during World War Two. This made me wonder what the war had been like for the women “keeping the home fires burning” while the men were overseas.

3. Where do you hope to be in 5 years time?
Making a comfortable living from published novels.

4. Which was the last book you read that you wish you'd written?
“The Perfect Rake” by Anne Gracie.

5. Was there any particular author or book that made you want to be a writer?
I was possibly influenced by Louisa May Alcott’s books, as I’ve never forgotten her characters in “Little Women” etc.

6. Do you find writing love scenes giggle-worthy or cringe-worthy – or neither?
Writing erotica is the most outrageous fun you can have with your clothes on!
And ‘Softer’ scenes become much less embarrassing the more you write them. But I suspect I have a tendency to rush them a bit. I read somewhere recently that love scenes should last at least three pages…

7. What's the most romantic moment of your life so far?
Is it okay to admit I’m still waiting?? Having said that, dining with my husband in Paris, on a cobbled terrace under the stars, while serenaded by a cellist, was romantic.

8. What do you wish you'd known about being an author before you were published?
That publishing one book will not pay the bills.

9. What's the best writing advice you've ever been given?
To grab the readers’ attention in the very first sentence. And, if you stay true to yourself your audience will find you – eventually

10. Tell us about your latest release.
KIWI KISS is a spicy-rated historical romance set in New Zealand during World War Two, at the time American troops were stationed there.

Nineteen-year-old Ruby Miller knows pain and loss. After catching her fiancé in the arms of another, the last thing she wants is to fall in love again, but handsome American soldier Mac Mackenzie is hard to resist.

Mac, too, preparing to leave the South Pacific haven to battle against the Japanese, strives to avoid any emotional entanglement, but since he met Ruby, he's rethinking his decision.

They both know what they want, but when tragedy draws them closer, how long can they hold out against what they both need?

11. What’s next for you?
I’m judging two international romance writing contests again this year, which I enjoy. And I plan to complete the third book in the KISS collection, following on from FRENCH KISS and KIWI KISS.

Please visit me at www.cherieleclare.com or www.cherieleclare.com/blog/ where you can read author interviews and win books throughout May.
Purchase KIWI KISS at www.thewildrosepress.com

Cherie is giving away an ebook as part of our Minxy Month birthday celebration. Leave a comment on this post to be entered in the draw, and don't forget to check back here on Friday for the winner announcement.

13 comments:

Cherie Le Clare said...

Thanks very much for hosting me here this week.

LaVerne Clark said...

Just dropping by to say hi Cherie *waves* : )
Don't worry about putting me in the draw - I'm off now to purchase my copy of Kiwi Kiss!

Maya Blake said...

Congrats on your latest debut, Cherie. I absolutely adore your cover!!!

Sally Clements said...

Thanks for going minxy for the day, Cherie! I agree with Maya, your cover is great, and your book sounds really interesting!

RFTC Blog said...

Congratulations on the latest release. This book looks really good and I would love to read it. I haven't read any books set in New Zealand before.

iqb99@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Congrats Cherie on your new book, may it be a huge success! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy! :o)

Cherie Le Clare said...

So lovely to read your kind comments, LaVerne, Maya, Sally, Danielle and Karen. The artist did a great job with the cover, I agree. Danielle - over on my website I have posted some scenic photos of New Zealand.
And cheers, LaVerne, for your prompt purchase:) Many thanks.

Maria said...

Seems like a very good book. Hope I can get the chance to read it!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

I should be ashamed to admit I know so little about New Zealand. Your novel may be educational in many ways. I wish you great sales.

Cherie Le Clare said...

Thank you Vonnie and gaelikaa. All best to you.

Cherie Le Clare said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cherie Le Clare said...

Congratulations to Gaelikka on winning the draw. I will be delighted to send KIWI KISS as soon as I receive your email address.

Maria said...

Thank you, Cherie. I've mailed my email address to you. I look forward to reading your book.