Thursday, May 2, 2013

Changes....exciting and terrifying...

A lot of changes are coming up for us this year in our household. We have a huge move coming up- that is if we ever sell our house, our eldest will start kindergarten (Yay) and I'm juggling being a mommy, dayjob, writing and trying not to be a failure at all. I know that this is a dilemma lot of writers out there face and I'm glad for the support system I have in the Hubster.

So, with all the move talk going on, Hubster asked me if I wanted to lay off looking for a new job in the city and just focus on writing for a while.

For context, hubster is an anal-retentive planner of all things in life. While this drives me to distraction, because he's forever trying to morph my disorganized, chaotic ways, I alsothank my stars every night that he takes our financial planning very seriously and his offer to focus on writing full time for a year and see how it goes, I know is a conclusion he has drawn from lot of data points, and taking into consideration the dip in our finances that will happen the moment I give up the day job.

With the stress that April was, I have decided to put my skeptical side aside and have taken the plunge.
********drum roll******

I have given my notice at day job that I am quitting. Come June 1st,  I am going to be free to concentrate on writing full time, while still trying to sell our house, packing to move to a new city, finding a house and a  school  for 5 year old.




Amidst all this, I am equal parts excited and terrified about being a full time writer although it will be a few months before I actually have a whole lot of time. But equally, I am excited about getting healthy again, working out, planning proper meals, and most important of all, spending enough time with kiddos and hubster, which suffered most with doing everything.

So wish me luck, won’t you?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats and good luck =)

Unknown said...

Loads of luck!! Hubster sounds fabulous. X

Michelle Smart said...

Yay!!!! That's brilliant, Sri - good, good luck with it all xxx

Aimee Duffy said...

Fabulous! And yes, wishing you all the best. I know you'll make it work. I admire your courage, I really do x

Jennifer Faye said...

Exciting! Wishing you the best of luck with everything. :-)

Kerrin said...

how wonderful! take care of yourself :)

Kat said...

Lots of luck Sri! Such a lot of changes, grab the chance with both hands. xx

Maria said...

Hi Sri,

Wishing you all the best with this new endeavour.