Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Blank Page

I'm at that wonderful bug-eyed, exhausted-but-happy stage where I've finished writing a book (yippee :-) and have a lovely new idea bouncing around, begging me to write it.

Don't you just love that blank page waiting for the ideas to tumble onto it? I am a confirmed planner and have to say I love the whole spreadsheet/research stage. I also like the feeling that I have to write a story, I only hope it lasts well beyond chapter one.

How do you take this first stage? Any stellar planning tips you can share with us? I've started using Pinterest and love being able to pin pictures of lovely men onto my storyboards and be able to claim it's research! Click here if you'd like to see the storyboard for the book I've just finished.

I've stumbled across William Levy, sadly not literally ;-) I think he makes wonderful hero inspiration, what do you think?




6 comments:

Kathy Bosman said...

I'm in the same spot as you at the moment, but struggling with it. I can't seem to come up with an inspiring book idea. Maybe it's my mind's way of giving me a break from writing, but it's not fun. I'm a pantster, so only plan my characters and basic storyline which usually changes anyway. Even that's not coming. The idea will probably pop into my head soon and I'll be thrilled with it. Just waiting for that moment.

Unknown said...

Wouldn't mind stumbling across him myself! Love the Pinterest board, it's a beautiful beautiful thing! Congrats on finishing x

Lorraine said...

I hope inspiration strikes soon Kathleen, maybe you just need a rest? I find listening to books, watching films or the odd news article can spark an idea but if I'm absolutely shattered the creative well dries up completely!

Lorraine said...

Thanks Charlotte :-)
Pinterest is definitely fun!

Romy Sommer said...

Ooh, I hadn't heard of the delectable Mr Levy before, so thanks for stumbling over him for us.
I'm off to find you on Pinterest now...

Catherine Coles said...

Ooh hello Mr Levy!! He is rather lovely :)

Congrats of finishing your book, Lorraine!