Thursday, April 18, 2013

Undertaking Love

I'm so excited to be able to say that this time next week will be launch day for Undertaking Love!

It's a book that is very close to my heart. It seemed to take forever to write, and it is the book I wrote when I final realised that, much as I dearly wanted it to at the time, my style was never going to fit the guidelines for category romance.

When I started to write Undertaking Love I had no clue what the heck I was going to do with it, and it is only by luck that I posted the partial onto HarperCollins Authonomy website. That seems a long time ago now, and it has been an exciting ride (punctuated by those loooooooong nail-biting periods of silence that we are all accustomed to of course).

The book has changed title, I've changed pseudonym, and here we are at last, almost good to go. :O)

The amazon listing went live a couple of weeks ago for pre-order, and from there on in things really started to hot up. Review copies have gone out, and last week Undertaking Love featured in The Sun national newspaper as their e-book of the week!
That was a real thrill, as was the subsequent effect on the rankings. I'm already addicted to watching sales and rankings data from my Kitty French books, so this is my brand new baby to obsess over. :O)

I'm ridiculously excited already;  I think a tranquilizer dart might be required next week!

Kat xx



The official blurb for Undertaking Love from HarperCollins, and the links to Amazon UK & US.


The moment love-phobic Marla Jacobs discovers that the shop next to her Little White Wedding Chapel is to become a funeral parlour, she declares all-out war.
Marla’s chapel in the sleepy Shropshire countryside has become a nation-wide sensation, but the arrival of Funeral Director Gabriel Ryan threatens everything Marla has worked for. She can picture the scene: wedding limos fighting for space in the street with hearses; brides bumping into widows; bouquets being swapped for wreaths
Marla’s not going down without a fight. She enlists a motley crew of weird and wonderful local supporters, and the battle lines are drawn. But, as soon as Marla meets her nemesis, she realises just how much trouble she’s really in. His gypsy curls and Irish lilt make her stomach fizz – how is she supposed to concentrate on destroying him, when half the time she’s struggling not to rip the shirt off his back?
Funny, romantic, and dangerously sexy, UNDERTAKING LOVE is a delightful debut from an exciting new voice in Women’s fiction.


Click HERE for Undertaking Love on Amazon UK, available on pre-order now.

Click HERE for Undertaking Love on Amazon US, available on pre-order now. 



4 comments:

Sally Clements said...

Undertaking Love is going to make as big a splash for Kat as Knight and Play made for Kitty! It's a totally fabulous read. Congratulations Kitty/Kat!

Lorraine said...

Congrats KittyKat ;-)

Romy Sommer said...

Well done, Kat. So pleased I'll get the chance to read this again!

J.L. Campbell said...

This sounds like a fun read.