Friday, January 13, 2012

Addicted to Series


My name is Sri and I’m a series ho. Give me a set of three dimensional characters, a dangerous paranormal world, or a memorable setting, whatever the time period, whatever the genre, I will return again and again to that set of characters.

Here are a few of the series I love, and wait on for the next installment.
  1. The Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward
  2. Thomas Pitt series and William Monk series by Anne Perry
  3. Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny
  4. Immortals after Dark by Kresley Cole
  5. The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency Series by Alexander McCall Smith
  6. Lords of the Underworlds by Gena Showalter
  7. Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh
  8.  The Gaslight Mysteries by Victoria Thompson
  9. The Elder Races novels by Thea Harrison
  10. Royal Spyness Series by Rhys Bowen
  11. The Amelia Peabody Series by Elizabeth Peters


Anytime a book comes out in the above series, and the first few of some of them were even written before I was born, I will pick it up ,glad to visit the same world, and in some cases, again the same characters, knowing that the author will deliver and surprise me.

How about you? Which authors or series are automatic buys for you? Do you like series novels where you can return again to that setting/fictional town/or world?

5 comments:

Romy Sommer said...

Hi, Sri. Shocking I know, but of all those series the only ones I've read are Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld.

I don't read very many series these days, but growing up I was as addicted as you: all the Malory Towers books, Susan Cooper's Dark is Rising series, the Chalet School books ...

Kat said...

The only ones amongst your list that i've read are the No.1 ladies Detective Agency series. There's something very special about them isn't there, they meander along in a lyrical, amusing sort of way that is really relaxing to read. Completely different, but I love Jilly Cooper - her books tend to have the same locations and characters popping up across each book.

Olivia Miles said...

A series ho...love it. I might just give a few of these a whirl as I hate letting a character I love go - it's wonderful that sometimes they can carry on. They only series that springs to mind for my bookshelf is the Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea series. An old favorite.

Lacey Devlin said...

I think it's pretty impressive that I've managed to read none of the series on your list, Sri. Does it count if they're in my TBR pile? ;-)

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Oh dear, I haven't read any of these, either. But will put them in my tbr pile pronto.

XX