My name is Sri and I’m a series ho. Give me a set of three dimensional characters, a dangerous paranormal world, or a memorable setting, whatever the time period, whatever the genre, I will return again and again to that set of characters.
Here are a few of the series I love, and wait on for the next installment.
- The Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward
- Thomas Pitt series and William Monk series by Anne Perry
- Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny
- Immortals after Dark by Kresley Cole
- The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency Series by Alexander McCall Smith
- Lords of the Underworlds by Gena Showalter
- Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh
- The Gaslight Mysteries by Victoria Thompson
- The Elder Races novels by Thea Harrison
- Royal Spyness Series by Rhys Bowen
- The Amelia Peabody Series by Elizabeth Peters
Anytime a book comes out in the above series, and the first few of some of them were even written before I was born, I will pick it up ,glad to visit the same world, and in some cases, again the same characters, knowing that the author will deliver and surprise me.
How about you? Which authors or series are automatic buys for you? Do you like series novels where you can return again to that setting/fictional town/or world?