Today, we have a debut Harlequin Desire author joining us in the spotlight.
3. Where do you hope to be in 5 years time?
Writing full time. Hitting a couple bestsellers lists would be amazing.
4. Which was the last book you read that you wish you'd written?
5. Was there any particular author or book that made you want to be a writer?
I’ve been writing since I was in high school and at the time I was a huge fan of Janet Daily’s Harlequin Presents and Phyllis Whitney’s mysteries.
I’m giggling as I type this. My editor tells me I’m on the higher end of Desire’s sensuality scale and he regularly has to tell me to tone things down so I’m definitely in the giggle-worthy category.
Since I’m not married, I don’t have a lot to draw from. But there was a guy I dated that drove through a snow storm so we could spend Christmas Eve together. That was pretty amazing.
8. What do you wish you'd known about being an author before you were pubbed?
Promotion is a huge time suck. I knew that, but I didn’t KNOW that. Write like crazy before you sell. Even if it’s not perfect, having books under the bed that you can pull out and polish will make your life easier.
9. What's the best writing advice you've ever been given?
You can purchase Cat's debut Desire, Meddling With A Millionaire, right here.