1. Where were you in your writing career 5 years ago?I wasn’t writing yet. Five years ago, I was thinking about writing and I was home taking care of my first son, not sleeping very much.
2. Where did you get the idea from for this particular book?Alpha Wolf is the latest installment of the Westervelt Wolves series. Each of the brothers were introduced in Her Wolf, the first book. I knew who each of the men were at the beginning of the series and their individual stories opened up in my mind as we went along.
3. Where do you hope to be in 5 years time?Still writing. It's hard for me to imagine exactly what that will look like.
4. Which was the last book you read that you wish you'd written?Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning (But who doesn’t wish they’d written that series?) and anything by Nalini Singh. Also, I loved, loved, loved Everlong by Hailey Edwards.
5. Was there any particular author or book that made you want to be a writer?I discovered Christine Feehan and Paranormal Romance when I was on the beach in the American Virgin Islands. Reading Feehan made me want to write and then I just started devouring all Paranormal Romance I could get my hands on.
6. Do you find writing love scenes giggle-worthy or cringe-worthy – or neither?Neither anymore. In the beginning they were definitely cringe worthy but now I’m so invested in the books and the
7. What's the most romantic moment of your life so far?Ralph and I took a trip to Paris and we ate at this really wonderful restaurant called Guy Savoy. Unbelievable food. The best in my entire life. The whole evening was just amazingly special. The atmosphere, my husband, the food, being in Paris…It stands out as the most romantic of my life.
8. What do you wish you'd known about being an author before you were pubbed?How much time I would spend having to do ‘non-writing’ things.
9. What's the best writing advice you've ever been given?I advised a friend of a friend to join a critique group. Don’t even consider publishing until you have.
10. Tell us about your latest release.My latest release is called Alpha Wolf and it is the fifth Westervelt Wolves book. It is Michael Kane’s story.
In search of his sister in New Orleans, Michael finds his mate instead. But Scarlett is broken, nearly destroyed. With doom around the corner, Michael Kane has no time to lose. If he can save his mate, perhaps there will be a chance for all of them. Or maybe it’s already too late.
Left with no other choice, Michael will have to teach the wolves in the New Orleans pack how real Alpha shifters behave, while showing his mate he is a man of his word.
Buy Link: http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/books/alphawolf.htm
11. What’s next for you?Up next is something of a change for me. I have written a Young Adult Urban Fantasy novel, the first in a series, called Initiation. I’m really, really excited about it - and it releases today!
For information on all my work, you can check out my website www.rebeccaroyce.com or my blog http://www.rebeccaroyce.blogspot.com/. I also post at Paranormal Romantics on Tuesdays.