Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What happened to Christmas?

I love my city at Christmas time. While most Jo'burgers make the annual pilgrimage to the coast, the streets empty, the weather is warm and sunny, and I get to spend lazy days just hanging out at home with the family.

At least that's the way I always remember it.

Every year I forget the mad rush that is those last few days before Christmas. No matter how prepared I think I am, Christmas Eve always seems to be spent driving from mall to mall to find that one last item on the shopping list, standing in long queues at tills, then chasing the kids because we're running late for church.

Is it like this for everyone, or is is just me?

So here I am at the end of Christmas Day, finally sitting with my feet up and enjoying a glass of wine in front of the TV, relaxed at last. (Though it's been raining for several hours, the way it does every year. Why do I never remember that part?)

Since I'm connecting to the internet for the first time in days, here are belated best wishes for a wonderful, relaxing holiday season, from all of us Minxes to you. And if you celebrate Christmas: Merry Christmas!

Courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net