Thursday, December 6, 2012

Chicken soup and the Price of Success

Our very own Maya Blake was supposed to be here on the blog this week talking up her debut Harlequin Presents novel, The Price of Success. However Maya is laid up in bed with really terrible flu, so I thought I’d step in instead.

Since I’m scheduled to post about this book next week, I’m not going to talk about this story (with its strong, smart, unconventional heroine, and very Alpha, very irresistible hero). I’m going to talk about Maya instead.

Maya is every bit as strong and sassy as the heroines she writes.
She’s a Superwoman. She has a demanding, high-powered day job, two kids, and a husband in an equally demanding day job which occasionally takes him away from home. Maya not only manages all this (like many of the other Superwomen we know) but she still makes time to write intense, emotional and very sexy romances. And I know, as I’ve been privileged to read quite a few Maya Blake stories. (You’re just going to have to be satisfied with The Price of Success and her Blaze story for now, but I promise you won’t have to wait long. There’s more Maya Blake goodness coming your way soon).

Maya is a not a woman who messes around. She’s been known to pull all-nighters to write when she’s inspired (or on a deadline) and you know that anyone who goes to a hectic day job after writing all night is seriously crazy dedicated.

She also doesn’t let any of us Minxes mess around either. Maya is the wielder of the Big Minxy Stick. The Stick may be virtual but it’s still scary, and it’s been known to whip at least one Minxy butt back into line. If any of us is suffering from a case of Acute Procrastination, Maya’s Big Stick is the wonder cure.

Maya is also our staunchest defender, ready to leap in with that Big Stick in our hour of need. Have any Crows of Doubt, dodgy exes, or pesky cold callers you need dealing with? Just call Maya.
So now, in her time of need, I’m going to ask all our Minxy friends and blog readers to join me in creating a wonder cure for Maya’s flu.

We’re going to make her feel better by telling her how much we love her book. If you haven’t read it yet (and why not? It’s been on sale in stores and e-stores everywhere for at least a week!) then tell us why you loved the blurb and/or cover so much that you just have to read it.

I’m going to start by saying that I love The Price of Success because it’s set against a motor racing background and like Maya I’m a massive fan of Formula One motor racing. My fanship was guaranteed before I even opened my copy and read the dedication!

So why do you love The Price of Success? And remember that every comment is a virtual bowl of chicken soup, so keep them coming.

And don't forget - The Price of Success is available direct from Mills & Boon, Amazon and Amazon UK.

8 comments:

Desere said...

Read it and it ROCKED! I am also a major formula one fan and I loved seeing racing incorporated into a romance book! Maya blew me away and I loved that the replacement driver is a woman SO COOL!

Rachael Johns said...

I think this cover is one of the hottest PResents covers for an age. It's simply gorgeous! Maya - get well soon, and I can't wait to read your debut :)

Sally Clements said...

I love Maya's story because of the writing, and she knows how much I love her writing style, so this won't be any surprise to her! She writes fantastic, passionate alpha heros who you can't help but love. And women who match them strength for strength. Since this book came out, I've been so happy to see that readers love it as much as I do, she's the only writer I've ever seen who got a 6 out of 5 from a reviewer!
Treat yourself. You'll be glad you did! (get well soon, Maya!)

Kathy Bosman said...

Looks like a fun, hard-to-put down book. I'd love to read it as my hubby is a die-hard formula 1 fan and he always lets me know what's going on in the races so I know the names of the drivers so well.

Victoria James said...

Congrats on the release Maya!! Can't wait to read it. Take care of yourself, and get better soon :-)

Aimee Duffy said...

I agree, Maya rocks. And damn, all nighters? That's dedication!

I'm in the middle of her Blaze, since it's first, but TPOS is on my Kindle waiting for attention. Awesome book, and you girls are very talented.

Hope you feel better soon Maya!

xxx

Kat said...

What a gorgeous and absolutely spot on post, Romy.

I love Maya's ability to create sassy heroines who don't stand for being messed around, women who can crack Maya's to die for alpha heroes.

Her books sparkle with something I can only define as 'Maya-ness' - call it voice, call it style, but it's unique and totally, absolutely Maya.

And she scares me when she gets the stick out!

Get well soon lovely. xx

TashNz said...

Fan-tastic post! Get well soon Maya!