Friday, April 1, 2011

April Word Count Challenge



Are you looking for a bit of extra motivation to finish your current WIP?  The April Word Count challenge is all about giving your writing an extra boost but in a way that doesn't end with you sitting in a corner and eating your hair.  

This isn’t a NaNoWriMo so you can factor in time to sleep and do the dishes.  Your goal can be as big or as small as you want but don’t forget to take school holidays or a certain royal wedding into account!  As tempting as it may be to set yourself a high word count you want to feel good about yourself and your writing at the end of the month, so don't make it the writing equivalent of Mount Everest unless you already have your hiking boots on.

Here are the Minxes goals:

Do you have a word count goal for April?  Want to join us?  Just leave a comment with your goal word count, grab yourself a blog badge and a word meter (you can get one here) and start bragging about your productivity! 

                    

11 comments:

Joanne Coles said...

Lacey, you are so clever with your blog badges. I love them! When my brain is awake and not half asleep like it is now, I'm going to grab one and stick it on my blog. Looking forward to lots of mini word count challenges in the next 30 days :-)

Jo Dixon said...

Perfect Timing !! I've spent the last month plotting madly on a new YA romance, and today I'm sitting down to Start Writing (yes, that requires capitals)... except of course I had to check the blogs first.

And here you are prompting me to get serious, set a goal and get on with it.

So, taking everything into consideration, playing it conservative and then adding on a little extra to inspire me to push a bit harder, I am proud to announce that my April Word Count target is 33k (weekly target 7500 + 10% extra).

And now... to the dreaded blank screen and the first line of the first page of the first chapter.

Kat said...

Ooh Lacey, I love a badge!! Thank you! It's scary seeing it in black and white, I haven't written anything yet today and it's day one so must crack on.

Hi Jo! Great to have you on board, come back often and let us know how you're doing - safety in numbers. :o)

x

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Love the badge, Lacey.

Good luck Jo, Jo, Jo and everyone else who's taking part - can't wait to hear how you all get on.

Off to make a start.

XX

Robyn said...

Lacey, love the badge.

Factoring in school holidays, Easter, and the fact that my WIP is progressing at roughly the same rate as rock can be carved with a spoon, I think I'll just cheer you all on from the sidelines :-)

Maria said...

Count me in, girls! I need 13,638 words to finish my current WIP which was originally my NaNovel. My first ever. I'm dying to get my first draft over with so I can do my rewrite when time and space allows, there are so many other things to do. Thanks for setting up this challenge.

Judy Jarvie said...

Count me in too ladies! I'm halfway though a WIP and need another 15k! This is just what I need to give me a behind boot so thank you!

LOVE the bades they are fab!

Judy

Judy Jarvie said...

Um that was supposed to read badges! jx

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Maybe next time, Robyn?

Hooray, gaelikaa and Judy - so glad you're joining in the fun.

And thanks, Lacey, for the terrific post.

XX

Lacey Devlin said...

Good luck Jo, Gaelikaa and Judy! I'm looking forward to your updates.

Maya Blake said...

GULP!!! It's April already??? Must get ass in gear! Gawd, there goes sleep and the cocktails in the sunshine!