Monday, July 1, 2013

Confessions of a Chalet Girl - My Inspiration


Choosing the location for my debut novel was easy, I've spent a lot of time in the French and Swiss Alps and fell totally in love...with the scenery :-) But seriously, you couldn't pick a better setting for a romance - there's snow, hot tubs, roaring log fires, fit ski-hunks...need I say more?

The scenery is beautiful and dramatic and I always feel inspired to write when I'm in the Alps. I'm actually sitting in a chalet in Switzerland right now, writing my second chalet girl story!

My Pinterest Story Board is probably the best way to soak up the feel of the story and has pictures of my hero inspiration as well as the notorious Wonderbar that inspired the rather unusual story opening - http://pinterest.com/lorrainecwilson/confessions-of-a-chalet-girl/

If you'd like to hear news of the next chalet girl novella please visit my author page on Facebook (and remember to 'like' me ;-) or my website. I hope you'll be as captivated by my 'winter playground' as I am!

'Set in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Verbier, the winter playground of the rich and famous, Confessions of a Chalet Girl is a fun and flirty contemporary romance novella' “This was such an amazingly intriguing novella. I found myself wanting to know what would happen next and how long before they would come clean with one another. It was sexy and fun. All the things I look for in a good read." Confessions of a Book Whore, Goodreads review. “All in all a fun and cute romance with some steamy scenes. Definitely a read lovers of the genre will enjoy.” Goodreads review Amazon UK link http://amzn.to/106lMp1Amazon.com link http://amzn.to/193V7cUNetGalley link https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/show/id/32446


3 comments:

Romy Sommer said...

I've never been a fan of snow and cold, but you're starting to convince me, Lorraine!

Lorraine said...

You get lovely sunshine to sit in too, it's not like the sleety/slushy stuff we have in the UK

Unknown said...

well this blog post makes me feel that i should visit this place..

Chalet Gstaad
Chalet Switzerland