Today we welcome Crimson Romance author Nicole Flockton into the Spotlight.
1. Tell our readers a little bit about yourself.
I’m originally from Perth Western Australia but have spent the last nearly four years living in Houston Texas. I share a house with my uber supportive husband, two gorgeous kids, Maya our Siberian husky who isn’t quite user friendly some days and our cat Scooter who made the trek from Perth to Houston with us – he settled in the best to life in Houston.
2. What number book is this? First? 100th? 200th?(Nora only!)
This is book number 3.
3. Everyone who writes knows it's not easy - what methods do you use to keep at it on days when it would be so much easier to go shoe shopping?
Having a deadline makes it easier to stay at the computer, but some days it’s a fight that I don’t win.
4. What is your top promo tip for other authors?
Be friendly on social media and give back. I made a promise to myself that when I got published I give back to aspiring writers like so many authors who helped me when I was aspiring. I try to help where I can.
5. How does writing fit into your day? Or does your day fit in around your writing?
I honestly don’t know. I should do more when my kids are at school, but as I also work remotely for my job in Australia it’s a constant struggle.
6. Keeping fit: Do you have an exercise regime to counterbalance all those hours sitting at a computer?
Oh I try! And I need to get back into it. But I do like to jog. Started last summer – yes I ran through a hot, humid Houston summer. I must start it up again. Actually I ran mainly so the dog was exhausted and didn’t bother the kids during the summer break. As the kids are on summer break – I’ll be doing that again.
7. Could you be friends with any of your heroines?
Oh I think I could be friends with all of them. I think they’d be a great group of girls to go have coffee or wine with.
8. At what point in your career did you actually start to feel like you were a writer?
Probably when I realised I’d just signed my 5th contract in 10.5 months.
9. Do you write to music, or with the tv on in the background, or do you need complete silence?
As my desk is in my living the TV is my constant companion. Sometimes I write to music but find that quite distracting. Other times when I’m having difficulties I try to go somewhere quiet. Found writing in the car in the kids school carpark a creative place to write.
10. Writing snacks – what are your favourites?
Chocolate mini cupcakes, chocolate, and around Easter Cadbury Chocolate Mini Egges with the crispy outer shell – do you see a theme here? LOL
He helps save lives, now he wants to save hers.
Dawn Granger has loved and lost and it’s a road she’s not prepared to travel again, that is until her past turns up and has her questioning her resolve.
Andrew Holmes has sailed the globe numerous times, when he almost loses his life, he decides he needs to give something back so he returns home and trains as a paramedic. When he runs into his former sweetheart he is surprised to find an attraction he thought dead come to life. When he sees the sadness in Dawn he knows he will do anything to make her smile again.
Dawn tries to resist Andrew but their past pulls at her in ways she thought long dead. Can she trust a man who's run out on her once before? Can she risk putting her heart on the line again? Or will it all be taken from her again.
Rescuing Dawn is available from Amazon, Amazon UK, iTunes, Kobo and direct from the publisher.
You can read an excerpt here and the reviews here.
Nicole can be contacted via Twitter, Facebook, and on her website.