Imagine yourself stuck in a lift with the editor of your dreams. You don’t want to pitch to her, after all, being confined in close quarters with a writer has got to be every editor’s nightmare.
But you’re clutching your manuscript.
She leans closer, taps it with a long red fingernail, and asks:
“So, what’s it about?”
You got in on floor 4, and when you reach G, the chance is gone.
Have you got a snappy one liner prepared? If not, check out these movie taglines for inspiration. All of them encapsulate the movie that spawned them. See if you can identify the movie from the tagline, and if not, I’ve put the answers in at the bottom. Enjoy!
1. Love means never having to say you are sorry.
2. The following three are all for the same movie:
Collide with Destiny
A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets
Nothing On Earth Could Come Between Them.
3. For anyone who’s ever been set up, stood up or felt up.
4. The most magnificent picture ever!
5. It’s all about love, actually.
6. Here comes the bribe
7. "What if someone you never met, someone you never saw, someone you never knew was the only someone for you?"
8. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water…
9. "In space, no one can hear you scream."
10. Sometimes what you’re looking for is right where you left it.
1. Love Story, 2.Titanic, 3.Bridget Jones’ Diary, 4. Gone with the Wind, 5. Love Actually, 6. The Proposal, 7. Sleepless in Seattle. 8. Jaws 2, 9. Alien, 10. Sweet Home Alabama.