Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Author Spotlight: Rebecca Savage
Today, The Minxes are very thrilled to welcome Rebecca Savage to the spotlight!
Take it away, Rebecca...
1. Where were you in your writing career 5 years ago?
I started writing in June 2004, so I was a rookie. Sometimes I still feel like one.
2. Where did you get the idea from for this particular book?
Well, 9/11 and the tragedies surrounding it will forever be in my mind and may others. This latest book, Guard My Body, is based on terrorism, homegrown, where a man wants to get help and cross the border into the US with bombs and...well, i can't tell you more, but that the idea. Terrorism...at home and abroad.
3. Where do you hope to be in 5 years time?
I used to want to hit it big with the big name publishing houses. Now I'm happy with e-publishing as long as I have my fans and can write, write, write...I ever get with a big house....hmmmm...actually, I may never try. Too many games.
4. Which was the last book you read that you wish you'd written?
Everything by Angela Knight! She's the greatest!
5. Was there any particular author or book that made you want to be a writer?
Not necessarily, but there are alot who I idolize and adore and wish I could be more like.
6. Do you find writing love scenes giggle-worthy or cringe-worthy?
Depends on how they're written. If there's talking and it's humorous, then giggle-worthy. If they're worded too...hmmmmm...extremely, then I still read them, but some words are just a bit much:)
7. What's the most romantic moment of your life so far?
OMG, let me think back to before the divorce...oops, did I say that outloud...Before my ex, there were some very romantic experiences. Once, I sat in a park, lights out, at night, under the stars, in Italy...how could that not be romantic...it's Italy, for goodness sakes:)---the guy was great and gorgeous. Yep, definitely a wonderful memory.
8. What do you wish you'd known about being an author before you were pubbed?
Nothing. It's a step by step process and you have to climb the ladder. The problem is, you don't know the rungs are there until you get to them and they identify themselves. Then you make the choice and take the step and keep going...or you don't.
9. What's the best writing advice you've ever been given?
Never stop writing!
10. Tell us about your latest release.
I mentioned it's about terrorism and it's also about a librarian with a wildside who has a sister who's CIA with an even wilder side. The sister and her male partner need her help. So she gets to show her wildside. What a way to go!
11. What’s next for you?
I'm working on the third of that series of six, and a dragon story...wow, talk about tough. I'm branching out of my normal element into fantasy. World building is fun...
Thank you so much for joining us today, Rebecca, and we look forward to more books from you in the future.